At Concrete FX, we specialize in offering polished concrete solutions to impart a mirror-like smooth finish to your property. Suitable for any interior scheme, our concrete polishing in Melbourne is sure to enhance the look and value of your property. As experienced concrete polishers, we have years of experience and well-equipped to offer an outcome to your complete satisfaction. This has enabled us to become one of the primary proprietors for high quality concrete floors in Melbourne. If you are looking for ideas to create visually stunning floors, get in touch with us. We will be happy to suggest the best options for your home, to give you the best concrete floors in Melbourne, you can find. We can provide customers with the highest quality polished concrete work in Melbourne. Whether you want to transform your floors and benchtops or design custom concrete seating, we have you covered. You can be assured that when you get your concrete floors in Melbourne from us, you are getting premium quality concrete that is worked on by some of the top experts in Victoria. Our specialists continually strive for perfection, ensuring that you get exactly what you’re looking for. In addition, we pride ourselves on making our cost as low as possible, allowing more people to enjoy and benefit from this excellent ecotype. This means that you can get concrete floors in Melbourne at highly affordable rates without having to burn a hole in your wallet. For all your concrete polishing needs in Melbourne, we are the experts you can trust. So, reach out to Concrete FX today and get your high quality concrete floors in Melbourne from the best available concrete polishers.
What types of polished concrete do you offer?
There are a wide variety of choices for our clients when it comes to polished concrete in their property. The most preferred amongst clients is the premium level polished concrete finish that gives a very chic, high gloss surface without flaws and is the best for indoor environments. Other finish options include the standard level polished concrete finish that is budget-friendly and work on existing slabs for best results and have somewhat more surface flaws. Then there is the basic level polished concrete finish, where although surface imperfections are visible, but the polishing technique ensures a satin shine and is great for both indoor and outdoor environments.
Can existing concrete floors be polished?
Any concrete floor, which is in prime condition, can be polished whether it is new or old. However, any existing floor requires to be primed before polishing. Not only the dirt and grime are required to be removed from the surface, but also small blemishes need to be corrected and pores need to be sealed. Usually, a densifier is added to the concrete prior to polishing to make the surface less porous to moisture and stains and reduce future damages.
What is the process for concrete polishing?
- Surface preparation: This step is for both old and new surfaces where cracks, stains, blemishes, uneven spots, etc. are removed by grinding using grits 30, 70 or 120, followed by smoothening with 0, 100 or 200 grits of resin pads.
- Applying fillers and densifiers: In the second step, a dye can be applied to add colour to the concrete as also any cracks or pores are filled up with appropriate sealants. A concrete densifier is added to further protect the surface from moisture penetration or staining.
- Honing: Now the surface is polished or honed with a resin of 400 grit to start giving shine and brightness.
- Final polishing: A highly glossy floor is achieved in the fourth step where the concrete is further polished with 800, 1500 and finally 3000 grits resin.
- Protection: The polished concrete surface is then cleaned and buffed for extra shine using a burnishing pad and then coated with stain-guard products for durability
What are the benefits of polished concrete floors?
The benefits of polished concrete floors are many:
- Aesthetic: Polished concrete floors are not only sturdy but are also stylish. Hence, it is a smart choice of flooring for both residential and commercial settings.
- Durable and safe: Due to a robust process, polished concrete floors are heavy-duty and resistant to damages. Hence, they are anti-slip and safe.
- Easy maintenance: Due to high resistance to stains and moisture, it is easier to maintain and clean polished floors. No waxing is required in the long run to improve shine.
- Cost-effective: Due to the high sheen of a polished floor, the natural lighting is enhanced. This means reduced dependency on electrical power at all times and hence, lesser power bills.
- Eco-friendly: Polished floors are made using ethically sourced sustainable materials and hence, they reduce the carbon footprint.